The EDxtreme exemplifies the trademark precision and rugged construction of Dillon dynanometers. Its highly refined design draws on the inherent strengths of premium-grade materials to achieve a 5:1 minimum factor of safety.
While the EDxtreme may be configured for something as simple as a digital hanging scale, it offers a higher level of intelligence. With user-defined functions and sophisticated communication options, the EDxtreme readily adapts to multi-tasking operations or multi-link systems capable of monitoring a series of critical stress points from a single locations - it is the definition of application versatility.
Building a precision instrument that can survive real-world punishment requires masterful engineering. This is where Dillon's experience shines through. The engineers assigned to the EDxtreme drew on a depth of industrial application knowledge and conducted exhaustive materials testing to achieve the highest structural integrity.
- Superior strength and corrosion resistance - High capacity models are constructed of electroless nickel-plated aircraft-quality alloy steel. Lower capacity models are anodized aircraft-quality aluminum
- 5:1 factor of safety - This measure of strength and safety is maintained at all capacities. Computer modeling confirms the low stress and long product life that is inherent in the EDxtreme design.
- Retained hardware - Allows permanent attachment of centering spacers, which eliminates fumbling during high capacity rigging.
- NEMA 4X/IP55 - The EDxtreme is clearly the choice for reliability in any environment - in-plant or out on the job site.
High resolution and accurate repeatable readings are essential to proper weighing. The higher standards set for the EDxtreme meant taking the time to ensure that material characteristics, load element design and strain gage meshed perfectly. The result of that effort is a typical accuracy of 0.1% of full scale capacity. The enhanced resolution mode of 1 part in 5000 provides the level of readability needed for refined weighing.
- Exclusive SOFTKEY interface - Dillon has eliminated confusing menus for faster setup and simple operation. IN addition to lbf, kgf and Newtons, programmable functions can correct for gravitational variations and allow the use of custom units of measurements.
- Wide-angle LCD - Provides improved readability over a wider viewing angle and is available with back lighting for low light conditions.
- Battery operation - The EDxtreme is powered by two standard C-cell batteries. Batteries are easily accessible for fast replacement.